Friday 14 December 2012

Dark and White MMM Edale Preparation

Didn't want to go overboard preparing for this but I know I'd kick myself if I messed up for want of a bit of simple fore thought. So I've had a few evenings of night nav practice trying to find premarked points then seeing if I hit them. I have to say I got many spectacularly wrong, even running to the wrong checkpoint ( even though I'd marked them) and then trying to convince myself that I was right. I got back into pacing, running the needle which is pretty difficult in the dark! Madge seemed to enjoy it all, although she was a bit puzzled by the erratic routes. I was all good fun and the more I got wrong, the more I learnt.
I think given the time that the checkpoints might go right around the back the Kinder Plateau. I can't see us going south but I'm prepared to be surprised.

Physically I should be okay for Edale. I think given 4 hours I'll hope to get round 17 or 18 miles with 5000" of climb, maybe more.

The main thing on Sunday is to enjoy it and see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment