Tuesday 4 December 2012

November 160 miles 40000 ft

November has turned out to be a pretty good month. Only one race and few irregular commitments have seemed to mean that I have actually managed to do what I had vaguely planned out for the month. Lots of running, loads of climb at a reasonable intensity.

We moved house in September and this obviously meant a few missed runs. October was partly about the relays.

November though has been about getting out and really enjoying my running. Ironically we've not been away in the motorhome since the end of August whereas we're normally away a couple of times a month. All this seems to have combined to enable me to run and recover almost endlessly. Although Im not sure about my short race fitness and haven't yet done a cross country this season, I think my longer race fitness is better than it's ever been.

Moving back to Trawden has been a massive coup. Having moved away 10 years ago it feels great to get out on those tops again. I'm running further than I was those days and I'm stretching out into the Pennines. Exploring new routes, I'm getting a couple of runs over 2 hours each week and running twice a day most days.


Madge (above) is continuing to be a fantastic training partner, always willing (unless its tipping it down), always fun and pretty much inexhaustible.

December is going to be a bit more varied. I've the next Dark and White MMM down at Edale and I'm going to taper properly for this one. We're away for much of the last week up in the Lakes with walking  and mountain biking as well as Wansfell Race.

January should be a big month with again plenty of miles and climb but some higher intensity stuff starting to appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment